At the heart beat of Turtle Island through Aotearoa - New Zealand
28 January 10am - 10 February 5pm
Grandmothers Healing Haka Charitable Trust hosts one tour per year with a maximum of 32 participants. These tours are created affordable for you and sustainable for us, supporting local Maori communities and businesses.
What we offer you is a unique experience and a genuine cultural exchange with our wonderful Whanau (family) and friends here in Aotearoa.
- 2 hotel stays in comfortable double or triple bedrooms
- 11 nights in 4 different traditional Maori family Marae (where we all sleep together in one room)
- Full meals during tour (excl. Waitangi Day breakfast&lunch)
- Pick-up form Auckland Airport or your Hotel in Auckland
on 27th or 28th January
- Drop off at Auckland Airport or your Hotel in Auckland on 10th of February
- Transport during tour in minivan or small bus
- Waitangi day cultural Maori experience
- Powhiri (Maori Welcome Ceremony)
- Rowing classes
- Visiting Tane Mahuta, 2000 years old tree God of the Forest
- Romiromi/Mirimiri Maori Healing Session
- Traditional Maori Weaving course
- Haka (Maori dance) and Waiata (songs)
- Healing exercises
- Hangi (Maori traditional cooking) experience
- Kauri Art Gallery visit
- Teachings and sharing by Maori elders in many places along our sacred journey
- Visiting waterfalls and ocean sites for refreshing swims
- Tour guiding to the most amazing places up North
- Ceremonies and rituals by Ojasvin and Waimaania and Maori Elders
- Lots of laughter and crying with unforgettable memories!
2017 © by Grandmothers Healing Haka Trust
We will start definite registrations at the beginning of April. Our pre-registration list is already full. If you are interested to put your name on our waiting list please contact us through the form below!